Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BAKED APPLES



It's time to tempt your tummy again ! I was looking through Paula Deens recipes & came across baked apples, I remember how my husbands grandmother would core out apples & add sugar & butter & bake for a quick dessert when company stopped by, this recipe not only brought back sweet memories but made me want to run out for apples lol I think I will try this recipe this weekend






Baked Apples


Ingredients:
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 cup sugar 6 same-size Granny Smith apples 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 6 teaspoon-size pieces 1 cup apple juice 6 sprigs fresh mint


Directions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Combine cinnamon, nutmeg, and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Core apples, making sure not to puncture the bottom of the apples so that the juices will remain. Remove skin from 1/2-inch around top of apples at the opening. Fill each cavity with the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Top each apple with a teaspoon of butter. Place apples in casserole dish and pour apple juice around them. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Remove from heat, garnish with fresh mint, and serve.
Cook Time 15 min



be sure to visit http://blessedwithgrace.blogspot.com/ for more great recipes



7 comments:

Brenda said...

I think you can make these in the microwave as well. Bakes apples are just so good

Nanna said...

yes you can Brenda, I use to put granola cereal into a cored out apple & top with butter, cover with clear wrap & microwave, makes a great little apple crisp
Helen

The Quintessential Magpie said...

This was one of my mother's and grandmother's favorites! And you can't beat Paula for her recipes!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sweetie said...

What a wonderful recipe - looks so easy! I love Paula - even visited her restaurant when we were in Savannah.
Hugs,
Sweetie

Dawn said...

Hey, i just wanted to stop by and tellyou hao much I am enjoying my new bunny I won from Dot's giveaway. I heard you made it and I just wanted to tell you she is adorable, and I have found the perfect spot for her. Thanks again, Dawn

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Hi Helen. Thanks for the simple and delicious recipe.

BECKY said...

Sounds really yummy!! They would go with any meal, too!! Thanks for sharing! Hope all is well with you!!
Blessings,
Becky