Saturday, February 7, 2009

DO YOU REMEMBER SUN BONNET SUE



Do you ever wonder where does all the pink come from, will you ever run out of pink lol, today is PINK SATURDAY, to continue this journey go by http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ where you will meet Beverly who is the host of this wonderful event, be sure to visit other pinkies out there as well











Do you have a "gonna make it one of these days" list lol this is a picture of the Sunbonnet Sue pattern from one of my quilt pattern books,I'd been intending on making this for a long time, I even purchased the cutouts from a craft festival many years ago, to give you an idea of how long this has been in the thought proses the magazine is dated 2000 lol



aww to dream a dream lol, I think the girls may be a little old for this look now lol, maybe I'll condense it down to a baby quilt, maybe I'll do a tutorial on my blog, maybe I'll have a giveaway on the cutouts, since this look is now considered antique maybe it'll fit in lol oh well I shall not ponder on it too long for this was 6 granddaughters ago & there's too many hugs & kisses to ponder on it too long lol

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!

16 comments:

onlymehere said...

I never knew what they were called until Picket told me that's what they were on a blog I did once. I think they're still dang cute and I see them in quilt shops from time to time so they're not that dated! I say put the quilt together and enjoy it!! If you have a give-away though I'll be sure to be here! LOL! Have a great weekend. Cindy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Susan

♥Mimi♥ said...

Nope, never thought that I'd run out of pink...my house is filled with it!

Abundant Blessings said...

I think that quilt is adorable.
Happy Pink Saturday.
Blessings,
Shelley

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Yes, I do! LOL! I think that would make an adorable baby quilt. Or maybe even a dolly quilt for your grandaughters.

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt!

Anonymous said...

Love Sunbonnet Sue..and as we speak, I am doing blocks for my Sue quilt.. I also collect anything Sue, and quite likely have at least 500 patterns. Happy Pink Saturday..have a lovely week

Kris said...

I remember and I still think the pattern is sweet. It would make an adorable baby quilt.

Happy PS

Kris

Anonymous said...

My grandma made a quilt like this for me when I was a little girl. It is "vintage" now!

Jorgelina said...

Beautiful quilt!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful quilt! I know about those 'meaning to do things'.I'm sure you'll figure something out. Thanks for your visit today and Happy Pink Saturday.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Betty said...

I don't quilt, but I've got a bunch of unfinished projects. You've actually given me an idea for next week's Pink Saturday. Thanks!

Deanna said...

Hi Helen,
I love that style of quilt. I once found the top of one at an estate sale. I guess someone never had the chance to finish it. I gave it to a good friend who finished it and it came out wonderful.

Hope you had a great Pink Saturday!
Deanna :D

Anonymous said...

Ah, to dream. I have so many projects I want to do, and so little time.

Happy Pink Saturday, Helen.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Helen, to me, Sunbonnet Sue is perfectly in style! I love her, and I think she would be darling and that the girls would love her, too. She's SO cute, and cuteness is always perfectly in style! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

I ωill іmmeԁiatеly snatch your rѕs as
I can nοt tο finԁ уouг emаil ѕubscription link
or e-newslettеr ѕerѵіce.
Do you haѵe any? Ρleaѕe let me rеalize
so that I may subѕcгibe. Thanκs.

Checκ out mу homepage Cliquez Ici