Tuesday, January 5, 2010

TMT/SOUP NIGHT



Wow! where does the time go,another week has come & gone already & just as quick as time can fly things can quickly happen, dad came down with the pneumonia again, but praise the Lord they caught in time this go around, it's been less than a month that he battled pneumonia for over 3 weeks, he went in last Wed. & was home this past Monday & is doing great!















Today is tempt my tummy again, you can find lots of yummy recipes over at Lisa's by clicking http://blessedwithgrace.blogspot.com/ be sure to go over & say hello, last weekend my daughter & me had I guess you could say a soup off LOL we got together & made soup, she made Paula Dean's white bean chili & I made good ole vegetable soup, she was on her side of the kitchen putting her soup together & I was on my side peeling taters, chopping cabbage, oh happy happy joy joy what fun! my granddaughter decided we were having too much fun & decided to get in on it so she proceed to pull out baking pans etc & announced she was making dessert! , those were the best boxed brownies ever! LOL


WHITE BEAN CHILI


1 lb. dry navy beans

5c. chicken stock

4tbsp.(1/2) stick butter)

1 tbsp. minced garlic

3/4 c. diced onion

1 1/2 c. chopped green chilies( fresh or caned)

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast (finely chopped)

1 tbsp.ground cumin

1 tbsp.oregano

1-2 tsp. ground black pepper

1/2 tsp.white pepper

pinch of red paper flakes

1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped


Rinse beans, cover with cool water & soak for 2 hrs. drain, place beans in large pot with chicken stock & bring to boil over high heat, in a sauce pan beat butter over med. heat, add garlic, onion, chilies & saute for 5 min, add chili mixture to pot with beans, add chicken, cumin, oregano, pepper, white pepper, red pepper flakes & cilantro, lower heat to med. & cook, stirring occasionally, for approximately 1 & 1/2 hrs, serve with cornbread if desired


*NOTE* DUE TO TIME, WE USED CANNED BEANS & IT TURNED OUT GREAT


VEGETABLE SOUP
(this is my recipe that I use a lot, I just omitted the elbow macaroni for cabbage & potatoes)
1 lg. can crushed tomatoes
1 lg. can petite diced tomatoes
1 lg. bag of frozen mixed veg.(16oz)
potatoes
cabbage
the amount depends on how much you want I used about 1/2 cabbage & about 9 potatoes
using one of the lg tomato cans add 2 & 1/2 cans of water
1 lg tbsp salt/pepper
1 stick of butter
touch of veg. oil
pinch of parsley
pinch of onion flakes ( I have also used fresh onions before)
Bring soup to a boil, turn down heat to a slow bubble, cocking the lid to the side, cooking 25-30 min, with using the potatoes instead of the noodles time will be a little longer

2 comments:

Deb said...

sounds yummy to my tummy...

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That white bean soup looks great. Your vegetable soup looks just like what I made last night. It was good, too. Thanks for linking to TMTT.