Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TEMPT MY TUMMY TUESDAYS /OVEN BAKED FRENCH TOAST

tues

Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays is hosted by Lisa over at

http://www.blessedwithgrace.net/

it’s been a busy week this past week  getting the church ready for our ladies conference so there was a loaf of bread & a dozen eggs going neglected lol! what to do to save it, hummm good ole pinterest lol!I came across several yummy looking recipes for over night French toast but I needed one that I could use with what I had, no French bread,no cream cheese etc just little ole wheat bread lol

there are more that I want to try later but with what I had on hand I went with this one

http://sheldonrachel.blogspot.com/2009/03/french-toast-bake.html

this was the results

bread01

bread02bread03

bread05 bread06

there was an aroma of cinnamon bun smell in the air as it began to bake, making one count down the minutes lol all that ooey gooey goodness bubbling on the bottom when it came out of the oven, as you get to the middle it seemed to take on a mild egg custard taste, this could be results of the type of bread but it was good anyhow,it is rich enough there is no need for syrup, I spooned that goodie on the bottom  onto the top & there was no need for syrup,I defiantly will investigate more versions of the oven baked French toast

No comments: