Tuesday, August 7, 2012

NO SERAN WRAP, NO WORRIES!

  Do you ever get to that place where you need to wrap something & discover you’re out of saran/cling wrap? the head of lettuce  in the fridge was coming up on it’s last leg & I knew if I didn’t deal with it it’ wouldn’t survive much longer lol so I make us a salad for supper, proceed to finish it off by making one for tomorrow night  then awww nothing to wrap it in humm think think with the brain, awww Ziploc baggies! lol!

salad

have you seen all the rage on pinterest to put your salad in a mason jar?

Mason Jar Saladsmason jar salad

I haven’t  tried it yet but I did buy some jars to give it a try, most links say the trick to keeping it from getting soggy is to not let the dressing touch the lettuce, to keep it on top, this can also be a fun way to make different salads at one time here are a few fun ideas

http://pinterest.com/search/?q=mason+jar+salad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I've used zip lock bags too! Now I like the idea of the salads in a jar. So cute too!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)