Monday, February 17, 2014

THE HORRID MUSLIN

oh mercy what fits this pattern is giving me, well I will not let it get the better of me, not yet anyway lol! my delicious white fabric

sew17 

I had purchased for The Little white dress contest was too pretty & too pricy to mess up so I said yep better do a muslin, this pattern seemed perfect, just a simple lined pullover with or without sleeves with a triangle coming across the bottom to give it some swish when you walk so it seemed on the pattern

muslin08

so on with the first muslin

muslin01

not  a clear picture but you can see it’s way too long, after fighting trying to pull it up, there was no way  without losing the angled side

muslin02

so I re trace the pattern as is, bring the angle piece up to where I need the length then cut out the new shorter pattern

muslin03muslin05

now we have a new front, back & side angle, the fabric is a bad choice but still would have had to been shorten so then it  was on to muslin number two lol!

muslin07

this far into I’ll give it a chance, from looking at view D it just seemed more swishy than a big ole triangle sewn back into one side lol!

muslin09

it is finally the right size & the right length, just not the look I was hoping for, I commend these people that I see talking about making as many as six muslins wow weee that's persistence! lol!

2 comments:

BeaJay said...

You have done well to get the fit right. I just don't have the patience to muslin. I wish I did. Maybe I would if the fabric was expensive.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Nana,
wow..your doing a great job doing all those muslins..It definitely pays off to do them..Saves a lot of head aches .ha..But, I really hate doing it..Seems such a waste of fabric and time. lol [lazy me].. But, I try to muslin at least once.
Your fabric is gorgeous.. and I bet that dress is going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see it..Best wishes. and Happy sewing.