Saturday, September 20, 2014

MILES & MILES OF SMILES

I thought I’d bump  this from my Sitting At His feet Blog, I had the opportunity to be able to be a part of the one million pillowcase drive, a few years back  the ladies form my church & I sewed up over 60 Christmas pillowcases for a Children's Hospital in Australia , this time of year every year donations for pillowcases for Children's cancer hospitals are popping up all over blog land as well as you tube , I came across Arrow Sewing Cabinets  a few weeks back who are gathering up pillowcases for a children's hospital in WI , they only ask for two but you can certainly make as many as you wish, as I think about how this is such a worthy & rewarding cause & one that I enjoy doing , I plan on making pillowcases throughout the year, whether I send them all to one destination or one here, three there, etc. I’m not sure but as I prepare for  next year I’ll be ready for when the needs arise , pillowcase are quick & easy to make as well as rewarding, as you sew each pillowcase & began to pray over them & to know you’ve made a difference in a child's life with something as simple a bright cherry pillowcases is very rewarding indeed!

http://blog.arrowcabinets.com/2014/08/miles-of-pillowcase-smiles-challenge.html

Arrow Sewing Cabinets are one of many business’s collecting pillowcases for Canker  Children's Cancer Hospital, I came across their site a few weeks ago & am so proud to be a part of helping them gather up pillowcases(smiles) for Conkerr

Every Sept. Conkerr’s goal is 44,000 pillowcases, that’s 20 miles of smiles!   you can read more about this challenge here http://www.conkerrcancer.org/

this is a worthy & rewarding cause & we are proud to have been a part of helping arrow  Sewing Cabinets reach their goal for Conkerr,we pray for peace,healing& restoration for each child that lays their little heads on these pillowcases, we pray peace of mind,courage & strength for the parents& even if the answer is a no that their eyes will still be lifted up to the one whom their peace comes from

10629717_4616863555182_8925798850023292035_n[2]

10393969_4616864155197_5887354094604896321_n[1]

10665807_4616864435204_5502453175034034909_n[1]

there are many business’s , websites & bloggers alike that collect pillowcases for this goal that you can send your pillowcases to or send them directly to Conkerr, there is also a download for how to make a pillowcase

a little inspiration & how to from Missouri Quilts

No comments: