Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BANANA NUT BREAD

Good morning! we're so glad you stopped by,hope that you are having a wonderful & blessed week so far, part of our catching up is to share a wonderful recipe I receive from my hubby's grandmother, I've had it for over 30 years & she had it since she was a young bride, it doesn't take very much to make at all & the best part is you'll be amazed how it makes 2 just right, we hope you enjoy our Grandma Lucille's Banana nut Bread

BANANA NUT BREAD

1/2cup shorting( I use butter Criso)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs(beaten)
2 cup flour(self rising)
1/2 cup nuts(chopped)
4-5 banana's (slightly over ripe)

Blend sugar, shortening & eggs, add flour gradually, add bananas mashing as you add them, I usually add more banana's depending on the size of them

with butter grease 2 regular sizes meatloaf or bread loaf pans, divide batter between the two, each pan will be 1/2 full, trust me they will rise to the top, let cool till cool enough to remove from pans

5 comments:

Picket said...

Ohhhh I can smell it! lol lo Ok I got some vegetable soup in the freezer, now where is my banana nut bread!!!! lol Make that 2 loaves cause sometimes you make them too small and it is not enough for me to share! lol Sorry I finished off the last of the chocolate fudge cake yesterday! lol You better get busy sewing..Saturday will be here before you know it! Love ya sis!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love banana bread, and I have some ripe bananas. I think I will be using your recipe, tomorrow!
I am coming by, tonight, to give you a Beautiful Blog award at my site. It is as a thank you for your regular participation in TMTT. Thanks.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Helen between you and your sister all I'll be doing is cookin girl!! I'll put on my big girl panties and give this a try..Thanks for sharing girl!! hugs and smiles Gloria

My Colonial Home said...

Oh Helen, I love Banana Nut Bread....but I only seem to make it at Christmas...hummmm, not sure why that is!
Thanks for posting such a great recipe.
Karen

Christie said...

Hey Helen! We love banana bread too, and I make it all the time for darling husband!
xoxo,
Queenie