Sunday, September 14, 2008

SUNDAY SELECTIONS



Welcome to Sunday selections, we pray that where ever you are today that you are having a blessed day, today's selection is Victory IN Jesus written by E.M.Bartlett, born in Waynesville MO, Dec.24 1884,after suffering a stroke that left him unable to speak & paralyzed on one side, he began to focus on healing that is offered through Jesus & as his body weakened he began to ponder on Heaven & as his pain began to increase he began to think about the victory over his pain


VICTORY IN JESUS

I heard an old, old story
How a Savior came from glory,
How He gave His life on Calvary
To save a wretch like me;
I heard about His groaning,
Of His precious blood’s atoning,
Then I repented of my sins
And won the victory

(chorus)

O Victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever,
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood


I heard about his healing of his
Cleansing power revealing how he
Made the lame to walk again & he
Caused the blind to see,and then
I cried dear Jesus, come & heal
My broken spirit and some how Jesus
Came& brought to me the victory

(chorus)


I heard about a mansion, he has
Built for me in glory, and I heard
About the streets of gold beyond the
Crystal sea, about the angels singing
And the old redemption story, and some
Sweet day, I'll sing up there, the
Songs of Victory

(chorus)

1 comment:

Picket said...

I love that old hymn sister...we have stood side by side many a time in many a church and sang that through the years..beautiful song...hope you have had a great day...talk to you tomorrow...love ya sis!