Sunday, May 23, 2010

SUNDAY SELECTIONS/I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED

Welcome to our Sunday Selections, here you find hymnal history, new songs the choirs working on, maybe a sneak pic of them once in a while LOL & so on,today I'd like to share a poem I came across a few days ago, "I Will Not Be Discouraged" that word discouraged means to deprive of confidence,hope,spirit, to hinder, ohhh how many times have we had our hearts set on something only to get our spirit crushed, our dreams crushed, there's am old hymnal that goes I will not be defeated I will not be defeated no I'll not be defeated anymore....I often ask do you know what you're singing? do you believe what you re singing or is it just a song, God has a plan & a purpose for each & every one of us & one of those things is not to be defeated (Jer.29:11) For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future
I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED
I will not be discouraged
To be sad or to cry
I refuse to be downhearted
And here's the reason why
I have a God who's mighty
Who's sovereign and supreme
I have a God who loves me
And I am on his team
He is all wise and powerful
Jesus is his name
Though everything is changeable
My God remains the same
My God knows all things happening
Beginning to the end
His presence is my comfort
He is my dearest friend
When sickness comes to weaken me
To bring my head down low
I call upon my mighty God
Into his arms I go
When circumstances threaten
To rob me of my peace
He draws me close unto his bosom
Where all my strivings cease
And when my heart melts within me
And weakness takes control
He gathers me into his arms
He sooths my heart and soul
The great "I AM" is with me
My life is in his hands
The son of the Lord is my hope
It's in his strength I stand
I refuse to be defeated
My eyes are on my God
He has promised to be with me As through this life I trod
I'm looking past all my circumstances
To Heavens throne above
My prayers have reached the heart of God
I'm resting in his love
I give God thanks in everything
My eyes are on his face
The battle's his, the victory's mine
He will help me win this race
(author unknown)

2 comments:

Carmen The Olde FarmHouse Road said...

Thank you so much Helen, that is beautiful. Bless you for sharing. Do you mind if I copy that for our church bulletin?? It is very uplifting... yup, just when you need it God finds a way to send a word!! Oh do I need it! Bless you hon.And so glad I found your blog now, will make sure I stop by regularly and Oh the blues on that cup are wonderful!! What a lovely shade.

Nanna said...

you are so welcome Carmen I emailed you the link so you can get a better print out
Helen