Monday, December 6, 2010

BLUE MONDAY /DEAR OLD BIBLES


Welcome to another week of Blue Monday, you can find more wonderful Blue Monday participants by visiting Sally over at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/ our sweet host of Blue Monday

with all the going going going & shows & everything else that 's squeezed into normal everyday life, I'm finally to the place where I can get excited about cleaning & organizing the house getting it all ready for Christmas, the first room to get tweaked was the office, I took all the books off & gave them a good dusting & rearranging, the rearranging made room for future book purchases ~lol~

I took some of our old Bibles yea I said some ~lol~ isn't it funny how there's something about a bible you just gotta keep it, there's bibles my husband had as a boy, Bible his great grandparent gave him, etc, there's the bible my mother-n-law gave me at our wedding & on & on & On, ok back to where the blue comes in ~lol~ I took one of my crates & put some of the older Bibles in it & arranged the top of the bookcases to my liking, as you can see one is in need of some tender loving care with tape ~lol~
as you can see I still have a few shelves needing tweaking , the tree's up in the office, nooo you can't see it, cause it's in green's ~lol~ but when I get to the guest room that tree will be in blue's ~lol~ people laugh cause I get excited about staying home to clean but I've been so busy with parents anniversary, baby showers, grand kids birthdays, church dinners, we just had a Christmas bazaar, Church Christmas decorating whew! the next three weeks are non stop on the busy, mom's 75th B'day, Church Christmas dinner, one of our sweet mothers is having a baby, there are about 8 b'days in the family, maybe more I lost count lol, our anniversary, it'd take a whole post just to tell what all's happening in the next 3 weeks & that's why I'm excited to be home! lol

5 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

these blue book covers are cute.
Happy Blue Monday.
Smiles!

SmilingSally said...

A well-worn (well-read) Bible is surely a treasure.


Happy Blue Monday, Helen.

Donnie said...

I love your photos. The Bibles are really sweet. You made me tired just hearing all you have yet to do. Happy Blue Monday.

joyh82 said...

I like the button jars above the books too! Happy Reading!

Unknown said...

what a busy schedules you have there. well, december surely is the busiest month ever!