Wednesday, February 15, 2012

HOT DIP????

I came across this recipe on pinterest & believe it’s the one my son-n-law whipped up the other night

Pinned Image

while visiting my daughter the other day, she asked if I’d ever had spinach dip, I said humm, yea , then she asked spinach & artichoke dip?humm ewww I think not! then again people may put it in & I just don’t know it LOL!, while we were busy in her make shift sewing room , hubby & son-n’-law was making this dip, served with toasted French bread it was surprisingly good

SPINACH & ARTICHOKE DIP

Ingredients:
1 bag frozen spinach, thawed and liquid drained from it (You can use less if you like)
1 cup light sour cream (you can also use plain yogurt)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (you can also use Romano cheese)
1 cup light mozzarella cheese, shredded ( I put more)
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jar 14 oz artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a bowl mix spinach, sour cream, Parmesan, half the mozzarella, cream cheese and garlic.
Mix in artichokes. Place mixture on a oven proof dish and top with remaining mozzarella. Bake until bubbly for about 20-30 minutes.

No comments: