Thursday, February 16, 2012

COOKIE KEEPERS

Last week I tried out  a few new cookie recipes on my ladies at the ladies meeting at church, I was happy with this  cherry chocolate kiss cookie, it’s a keeper!

cookie13 

the lemon burst cookies is a keeper, although  it calls for plain flour,I may try using self rising flour  next time, but all in all they were good & tasted like lemon pie & didn’t last long   ,guess I’m just not use to flat cookies lol!

cookie14

then of course I had to make the Samoa's again,mercy they’re a mess to make but so worth it! it’s a keeper!

 cookie15

now tonight I tried my hand at  two new recipes, white chocolate & cherry shortbread cookies & lemon tea cookies, the recipe for the cherry said to roll & refrigerate & slice, that worked out good, just made for a small cookie, next time I will roll out & cut out in circles, but it made it to the  “it’s a keeper” file lol 
 cookie16
now the lemon tea cookies, well what can I say ,there’s definitely a lot of tweaking to be done to make it to the keeper file, first the little well I made for the filling closed up lol  I think I cooked the filling too long, it got sticky & wouldn’t let go of the spoon LOL! there’s way too many new cookie recipes to try out to let one get the best of me
so many more cookies waiting to be discovered in my kitchen
Mascarpone Oreo Snowflake cookies
Carmel Pecan Cookies
Cranberry Orange Cookies
Carmel Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Pretty Easter Cookies
Cinnamon Bun Cookies
Girl Scout Thin Mints Cookies, just to name a few lol look me up on Pinterest & check out my cookie board for more great recipes
I  made these two Christmas’s ago & they are keepers!ccookies08

do you have a favorite cookie, with Easter coming up I’ll be trying out some new pretty cookie recipes, here’s a few I’ve got my eye on!

sugar cookie recipes for Easter Easter Nest Cookies

easter hunt cookiesEaster egg cookies

1 comment:

nancy huggins said...

Wow..that makes me hungry to look at them. Hop on over to my blog and sign up for my give away...Lost touch with you for a very long time. Read the info I just posted about my cook book I am self publishing. I am kind of excited about it. I am having computer problems so if you don't see me around for a while you will know my computer went kaput.
Have a nice Sunday
I am putting a link to you on my side bar