Friday, November 30, 2012

AWW BA HUM BUG MY COOKIES WONT TURN OUT


 Let’s just say this past week has given me  a run for my money, leaving me one sick Nanna, I thought since I had a little energy I’d try a little baking, I feel so bad my cookies wont even turn out lol!
cookie24I decided to enter them anyways, after all it’s the recipe that makes the cookie right? I’m sure flat ugly cookies will not stop hubby from eating them
cookie25
TRADITIONAL SUGAR COOKIES
1 cup butter(2 sticks)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 teasp. clear van (I only had reg.)
1/2teasp. clear almond extract
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teasp.baking powder
1 egg
1 teasp.salt (opt)
preheat oven to 400
cream butter & sugar till light & fluffy
beat in egg & extracts
blend in flour & baking power one cup at a time
knead in food color if desired do not chill dough
roll out onto floured surface & cut out with desired cookie cutters
bake on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 min or till lightly brown, will be soft to touch when taken out of oven











12 weeks of Christmas is hosted by   http://www.mealplanningmagic.com/
 

2 comments:

Prims and Annies said...

It's all about taste to me...hope you are feeling better - I have been sick almost 2 weeks but have seen a ray of light at the end of the tunnel.
Happy Baking!
Maxie

Annamaria @ Bakewell Junction said...

Hope you're feeling better. Vanilla cookies are lovely and a classic for Christmas.