Monday, September 2, 2013

EATING AT HOME

PicMonkey Collage2

a friend gave us the peppers,  they are in  more in the bell pepper family & although they are not the true poblano peppers they turned out quite tasty, I searched for recipes that sounded as close to the ones in the Mexican restaurants & wound up with two which we took from each one things that are in ones you’d find true to a good stuffed problano pepper

there was a lot of peppers lol! so I stuffed them then covered  them with cheese, froze them then  wrapped  them in saran wrap then placed into freezer baggies, I just pull two out of the freezer,remove the saran wrap & bake at 350 for about 25-30 min on a foil lined baking sheet

here’s what I came up with from the two recipes

sautéed 1/2 onion in 1 tbsp., or more in  olive oil with 2 tbsp. garlic, add about one pound of beef ( I cooked the beef about half way done)

2 tbsp.cumin,1 &1/2 tbsp..chili powder, salt, pepper .

1/4 cup sharp cheddar 1 & 1/2 cup cooked rice ( I used the microwave min rice in the single servings)

one small can of diced tomatoes drained

1/3 cup fresh cilantro 1 & 1/3 cup sour cream & I threw in a little taco seasoning

mix all ingredients & stuff into washed & de seeded peppers, top with cheese, bake on foil lined pan for about15-20 min at 425

I will try this again with true poblanos as I’m sure they will take on a entirely different taste,we’ve talked about bring one home from our favorite Mexican restaurant & breaking it down when we venture out to make these again lol!

I served  them with homemade salsa  

canning06& chips & brown rice & black beans,  oh & I drizzled a little enchilada sauce on top of the peppers sometimes it’s just good to eat at home!

No comments: