Sunday, September 1, 2013

TEACHING THEM A NEW SONG

THE EASTERN GATE”

Well it’s not really a ‘new” song per say, it was copyrighted in 1905, written by L.G.Martin

Welcome to Sunday Selections

piano

  1. I will meet you in the morning,
    Just inside the Eastern Gate;
    Then be ready, faithful pilgrim,
    Lest with you it be too late.
    • Refrain:
      I will meet you, I will meet you
      Just inside the Eastern Gate over there;
      I will meet you, I will meet you,
      I will meet you in the morning over there.
  2. If you hasten off to glory,
    Linger near the Eastern Gate,
    For I’m coming in the morning;
    So you’ll not have long to wait.
  3. Keep your lamps all trimmed and burning;
    For the Bridegroom watch and wait;
    He’ll be with us at the meeting
    Just inside the Eastern Gate.
  4. Oh, the joys of that glad meeting
    With the saints who for us wait!
    What a blessed, happy meeting
    Just inside the Eastern Gate!

 

just gotta love the old classics!

No comments: