Sunday, March 16, 2014

SUNDAY SELECTIONS

piano

I’LL GO WHERE YOU WANT ME TO GO

It may not be on the mountains high, or over the stormy se

It may not be at the battles front my Lord will have need of me

But if by a still small voice he calls to paths that I do not know

I’ll answer Lord with my hand in thine I’ll go where you want me to go

(CHORUS)

I’ll go where you want me to go

Dear Lord o’er mountain or plain or sea

I’ll say what you want me to say

Dear Lord I’ll be what you want me to be

do you ever come across older songs & wonder how they go, this song along with two other verses was written by Carrie E.Rounsefell I, copyrighted in 1894 Carrie grew up in Manchester, New Hampshire, where she married bookkeeper William Rounsefell. She was known as a singing evangelist throughout New England and New York, where she toured with a small autoharp

This well known missionary and consecration hymn was adopted by a class of over a hundred missionary nurses at the Battle Creek (Michigan) Sanitarium as their class hymn. Every Sunday afternoon they would gather for a social meeting and always sing [it]…In this class were students from nearly every State of the Union, from Australia, South Africa, South America, Bulgaria, Armenia, and nearly all the European countries. At the close of the course they agreed that after they had parted and gone to their different fields, they would sing this hymn every Sunday as they had done during their happy class-days.

I did  a little more research & found the tune on you tube

 are you willing to go where he wants you to go? say what he wants you to say? be what he wants you to be? there's lots of good messages in the older songs, take the time to go through your song books & see what you find , goggle a song & do some research on it, find out the History, you’ll find there’s more to a song than just singing it!

 

No comments: