Tuesday, January 6, 2015

RESOLUTIONS OR GOALS?

 

I’ve noticed a lot of bloggers are making New Years Resolutions, well we should know by now that usually doesn’t work, but goals on the other hand usually does, for me at least, see resolutions are things that make you feel like a failure if not seen through where as goals are things to achieve, to strive for, with less guilt as there are no time limits, so whether you set resolutions or goals remember it starts with you!

It's time to make some New Years Resolutions, but what is the point if you don't have the willpower to make those changes? Starting January 1st I will be doing a 30 DAYS OF WILLPOWER series discussing all aspects of willpower: what it is, how to create it, and how to use it to create the life of your dreams. Click through to sign up!I WILL NOT BE DISCOURAGED: Fitness Motivational iPhone4 Wallpaper for your lock screen. #pFITblog

I think one of my biggest goals for the New Year will be to give the sewing room a totally new look, I shutter to think how long it’ll take to remover everything to start over from scratch lol!

Things I’m getting into “so far” READING , SEWING,SCRAPPY PROJECTS, & QUILTING challenges

there are many things I want to brush up on, learn & venture out onto this year

my main goals are to:

**learn to dye fabrics

Using turmeric as a natural dye. I did this following this tutorial to make curtains for my massage space. I used white flat sheets and they came out BEAUTIFULLY! I had been wanting to try natural dyes for awhile. It is ridiculously easy. :)

**summit my  refashion apron to

the Apronolgy magazine

apron04

** finish my  string quilt that got pushed to the wayside 5 yrs ago

quilt03

** make something with buttonholes, B6123 is perfect for this & it’s also  the Feb. challenge for pattern Review

B6123, Children's/Girls'/18

** do reviews on some of my work with Pattern Review,maybe the buttonholes will be the 1st

Pattern Review

**step out of my comfort box & make lingerie but no bloomers ha!

German Pattern Experiment: Day 7 Your Free Pattern!

**revisit the joys of crocheting

Granny Squares are fun and quite simple. Here's a free pattern.

**learn how to drape, Project Runway makes it look so easy lol!

Drape Pictures, Drape Images, Drape Photos, Drape Videos - Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

maybe I’ll put these goals     on my the sidebar with links to the post as I finish them, how neat would that be!  there’s 12 months  in the year, & I’ve listed 8 goals humm I just may be able to do it! oops I forgot the sewing room lol! whatever you choose to do in this new year, do it with all your might & just have fun with it!

 

5 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

One day I'm going to re-learn how to crochet. It's been many years. Good luck with the sewing room and with all of your goals.

Sew Blessed Maw [Judy] said...

Best wishes with your New year goals.. I look forward to seeing your redone sewing room..Always a fun new look, and encourages me to finish projects.. Happy sewing and happy goals.

Michelle said...

Ohhh, I love aprons!
I did not know there is a mag called `Apronology`
How interesting that is.

Looks like you have some great goals planned.

SewCraftyChemist said...

I love the idea of posting them on the sidebar!!!

You've got manageable goals!

The day I got my machine, I made buttonholes on scrap fabric because I thought it was SO cool! haha! Just GO FOR IT!!!! :-d

Deanna said...

May you have a wonderful new year!!!!
d