Saturday, October 17, 2015

SALAD OR SLAW?


I tried a new recipe using what I had on hand which left me to find this recipe for cabbage apple & walnut salad
I pulled out the big George & grilled some pork chops the salad suggest to prepare everything cold, I opted to stir fry the cabbage just enough to give it a little tenderness but still  having a little crispness, sliced an apple, tossed with about 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, the recipe didn't call for sugar but I added just a pinch for added sweetness, I then put it in the fridge to chill, I used pecans cause that's what I had which were added before serving, this quick & easy salad turned out to be pretty good & I see making it again

2 comments:

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Sounds YUM!!! Pinning.

reclaimed dining table said...

Wow! Sounds like a yummy recipe. I'm pinning that!