Monday, September 5, 2011

WHAT DRAWS YOU TO A BLOG

have you asked the question, what draws me to a certain blog? what is it that makes me linger  more than others? I pondered these questions as well as I went through my blogger dashboard while having that first cup of coffee this morning

Is it eye candy that that seek for? we all love love love pretty pictures lol

recipes are good, I’m always finding way more good stuff than I need to be making & eating lol

tutorials seem to be a good thing

if you’re an avid reader, book selections are good, I love  to read but I ask myself would it make for interesting post?

I’ve been trying to figure out how to make the little tabs  across the top of the blog & how to jazz it up  ,I’ve noticed  lately  that a lot of my followers have turned into peekers lol I love my peekers  it just makes me wonder if  now what I have to say is no longer interesting, is the overall look just bla lol

so what is it that draws you to a blog & makes you want to make a cup of coffee & linger?

6 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

That's a good question. I think if you just post about what is interesting to you, others with the same interests will find you. I enjoy decorating and am always drawn to others who like to decorate too. I also enjoy cooking, so I enjoy some of those blogs too. Just do what you like and you will make blogging fun. I don't think you can fit in all the different niches, so make it fun for you. Hugs, Marty

Antiques Galore Gal said...

I took a look at your blog and it seems you have everything I like. I like blogs with lots of pictures, tutorials, crafting and recipes. Since I sell vintage, of course I follow vintage blogs as well. Just keep up with what you are doing. One tip that will definitely help is commenting on other blogs. Most will respond back and follow.

Unknown said...

None of the superficial, glitz, foo foo attracts me ... it is the inner self of the person that sparkles in either their words or presentation thru that keeps me interested.

Occasionally, that doesn't work but usually it is pretty firm for me. Words speak volumes of the soul.

Have a beautiful holiday ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Pam said...

One of my main reasons for reading blogs is for inspiration. Ideas I can duplicate and ideas I can admire but would never be able to duplicate. I just love the "eye candy" on blogs. You have asked a very thought provoking question. Hope you get great answers.

Edie Marie's Attic said...

That's the question a lot of us bloggers ask! I haven't really found the answer yet. Some people have hundreds and thousands of followers and countless comments. At first I thought how I would love to be one of those popular bloggers that EVERYBODY flocked to... but then I thought NO that is not what I started blogging for. I wanted to get inspiration from fellow bloggers and get to know them. Yes we all love the pretty pics and some blings and wows but at the heart of it is the person behind the blog. I've made some real friends through the blog world and they are so precious to me.

You have a great blog! And what a dear person you are Nanna! I've been out of the blogging loop for a bit but I'm back and will be visiting often.

Big hugs! Sherry

Kathleen said...

I like it when I can get to know the person, I like blog authors that show a sense of humor, too.
I do not like blogs with music or word id!
Have a great weekend, Nanna, and thanks for visiting me, loved having you stop by!